The metatarsal bones in your feet run from the arch of your foot to your toes. These act as shock absorption when you are moving. The term metatarsalgia is a general term to describe several underlying conditions relating to the metatarsal bones that cause pain and swelling.
Symptoms of Metatarsalgia include inflammation, burning, aching, and stabbing pain. This pain is usually around the second, third, or fourth toe, and it can sometimes feel as If there is always a pebble in your shoe.
Here are the best ways to treat this condition:
- Rest your feet and legs. Try taking a break from intense physical activity and elevate your feet.
- Alternate hot and cold treatments on your feet.
- Take an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory.
- Use a muscle massager or roller to relieve tight muscles and knots.
- Try walking with orthotic shoes and inserts. Many orthotics are specifically designed to help relieve chronic pain.
At ComfortPair.com, our focus is to provide support and comfort in every pair of shoes we sell. If you suffer from Metatarsalgia, our shoes can help!